The program mainly focuses on teaching of engineering techniques to ensure a safe and sustainable exploration, application and management of resources. This master program focuses primarily on application of advanced knowledge in different disciplines of Civil Engineering i.e. water resources, geotechnical, transportation and structures.
Focuses on the ability to develop and apply latest knowledge of analysis, design, simulation and modeling tools in Civil Engineering.
Currently in Pakistan there is huge scarcity of specialized engineering researchers, designers and professionals and we are mainly relying on outsourced technologies. MS program in Civil Engineering at UMT aims to produce future leaders for industry, academia, government, and society -- leaders whose vision is founded upon fundamental knowledge, analytical skills, creativity, perspective and ethics. We seek to advance technology and science by combining basic knowledge with the innovative application of engineering and scientific principles in water resource engineering specifically in water resources,geotechnical, transportation and structures.
The learning outcomes of MS Civil Engineering program are:
- Provide an integrated career in water resources, geotechnical, transportation and structures engineering and management.
- Produce graduates equipped to pursue careers in industry both in public and private sectors.
- Foster the acquisition and implementation of broad research and analytical skills related to Civil Engineering.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and Civil Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety and manufacturability.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve Civil Engineering design problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
Civil engineering is a wide ranging profession, including several separate specialized sub- disciplines. After completing the 2 years of Masters of Science in Civil Engineering, the graduates shall have sufficient opportunities of getting jobs in wide range of national and international organizations as well as academic institutes. The main public/private organizations include National Highway Authority (NHA), Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA), Communication & Works Department (C&W), Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA), Public Health Engineering Department, Pakistan Railways, Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and Irrigation and Power Department, National EngineeringServices of Pakistan (NESPAK), Associated Consulting Engineers (ACE), National Development Consultants (NDC), Descon Engineering, Izhar Construction, SKB Engineering & Construction, Habib Rafiq and many more.