Electrical engineering has its foundation in physical science, mathematics and a broad knowledge of engineering techniques.The MS in Electrical Engineering program aims to produce highly-skilled professionals focused on productive research and development in the vast domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. MS/PhD Electrical Engineering program at UMT offers an understanding of the breadth of education and depth of training necessary for leadership in this profession.
The MS EE program provides the graduates with the broad technical education necessary for productive employment in the public or private sector with the development of understanding of fundamentals and current issues important for future years of the region.The program has been devised keeping in view the latest market demands and encompasses a broad area covering advanced digital and analogue electronics, communication, signal processing, multimedia & computer vision, advanced controls for robotics and microelectronics/nano-electronics.
The goals and objectives of the graduate program in Electrical Engineering are to prepare graduate students for careers in professional practice, research, and for further study towards doctoral degrees in Electrical engineering. EE Program will allow motivated researchers to expand their knowledge and acquire new skills in analysis and problem solving, creating challenging opportunities for a full, rewarding research career. The program will also cater the demands and needs of local industry and strategic research and development (R&D) organizations of the country. This graduate program will impart
- Knowledge of the engineering principles.
- Knowledge of current events and contemporary societal issues.
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art Information Technologies.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Facilitate systems engineering and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal and presentation) across all levels in the enterprise.
- Ability to grow through life long acquisition of knowledge.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve Electrical Engineering problems.
- Ability to function in multidisciplinary teams.
- Capability to use state-of-art engineering/computer tools necessary for engineering practice or research.
- Skills to find and use available technical information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written reports.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, tests or simulations as well as to analyze and interpret data to validate assumptions and hypotheses.
- Ability to evaluate current electrical engineering techniques.
Electrical engineering being one of the core fields of engineering is always evergreen in terms of scope and job prospects. Electricity has become the basic need for survival, globally. As such electrical engineers find their utility in maintenance and running of industrial plants, communication and satellite navigation systems and domestic electronic equipment. Electrical Engineering equips the learner with the knowledge of electrical circuit design, digital electronics, instrumentation and control system, modern telecommunication and signal processing.