UMT SEN Transactions is the all-electronic journal for engineering providing publication for peer-reviewed articles that emphasize scientific and technology innovations in all aspects of engineering. Additionally, UMT SEN Transactions publishes papers dedicated to new developments in the engineering.
Types of Papers
UMT SEN Transactions accepts following papers:
- Original papers
- Review articles
- Short communications
- Book reviews
Authors should produce a manuscript that can be reviewed on its own. Each submission will be considered on its own merits.
Manuscript Processing and Publishing Fees
UMT is doing all services to authors free of costs.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or as an electronic preprint), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere including electronically in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
Read publication ethics and malpractice statement on the following page: http://sen.umt.edu.pk/ust/publication-ethics.aspx.
This journal offers authors to publish their research open access. Articles are freely available to both subscribers and the wider public with permitted reuse. All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Please write your text in good English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these). Authors who feel their English language manuscript may require editing to eliminate possible grammatical or spelling errors and to conform to correct scientific English may wish to use the English Language Editing service.
Collate acknowledgements in a separate section at the end of the article before the references.
Please submit, with the manuscript, the names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three potential referees.
Note: The editor retains the sole right to decide whether or not the suggested reviewers are used.
Please use wordprocessing software to prepare the manuscript and save the file in the native format of the wordprocessor used. (Accepted formates indlude: .doc or .docx)
- The text should be in single-column format.
- Use font: Times New Roman, size: 10, single spacing.
- Do use bold for Title and headings.
- Keep the layout of the text as simple as possible.
- In particular, do not use the wordprocessor's options to justify text or to hyphenate words
- However, do use bold face, italics, subscripts, superscripts etc.
- If no grid is used, use tabs, not spaces, to align columns.
- To avoid unnecessary errors you are strongly advised to use the "spell-check" and "grammar-check" functions of your wordprocessor.
- Before inserting images in the file, select the option in the wordprocessor by going to File → Options → Advanced → Image Size and Quality → do not compress images in file.
- Insert figure without using the text box.
- Number figures (e.g., Fig. 1) consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text.
- Use font size: 8 for Figure caption.
- For figure annotations and labels, use Times New Roman font format.
- When preparing tables, if you are using a table grid, use only one grid for each individual table and not a grid for each row.
- Number tables consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text.
- Use font size: 8 for table caption.
- List: Number the references (numbers in square brackets) in the list in the order in which they appear in the text.
- Reference to a journal publication:  I. Ullah, Development of Fresnel-based CPV System with Uniform Illumination, Journal of Daylighting 1 (2014) 1-6.
- Reference to a book:  W. Strunk Jr., E.B. White, The Elements of Style, fourth ed., Longman, New York, 2000.
- Reference to a conference publication:  I. Ullah, Development of daylighting system with uniform illumination and its comparison, in: International Conference on Sustainable Lighting and Light Pollution, 2014, pp. 193-200, South Korea.
File for submission
Cover letter (optional), referees, and manuscript as a single file (.docx).
Submit your article
Please submit your manuscript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.